How To Make A Water-Based Lubricant
The sex toy industry is huge, and one way they make a large profit is through lubricants. There are specialist condoms doused with lubricant, or you can opt for various sized bottles. However, if you don’t mind buying the ingredients, this article describes how to make a water based lubricant that has a long shelf life and costs a fraction of the usual lubricants. Water based lubricants are perfect to use with condoms and dildos, although sex shops will state that you have to use silicone-based lubricant (which is far more expensive than water-based lubes) for silicone dildos, but it’s another marketing ploy. Anal lubricant, vaginal lubricant, and sex toy lubricant…they all have the same purpose, to create silky pleasure.
Condoms are not always pleasant to use during sex, although they offer excellent protection against pregnancy and Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs). Condoms can soak up her natural vaginal secretions, and it is always more pleasurable for you if your cock is getting doused in her juices.
What You Will Need
- Small spoon or spatula to measure ingredients
- Quarter teaspoon of vegetable glycerin
- Half to one teaspoon of water
- One sixth of a teaspoon of xanthan gum
- Small tub
Method To Make Water-Based Lubricant
- Measure a quarter of a teaspoon of vegetable glycerin to a small tub with the small spoon/spatula.
- Measure a sixth of a teaspoon of xanthan gum to the glycerin. A small amount goes a long way.
- Mix well until the xanthan gum is fully dissolved. It will have a clear consistency.
- Add half a teaspoon of water, depending on the thickness you desire. If you require a thinner consistency, add more water and mix rapidly.
- More xanthan gum can be added if you require a thicker lubricant.
Where To Buy The Ingredients
Xanthan gum is an ingredient used in baking. It can be purchased from Amazon or other stores for a low price. Vegetable glycerin is sold at health food stores, but the prices will vary dependent on the bottle size. The above is an easy recipe on how to make a water based lubricant with a long shelf life.
- Lubes: A Slippery Sensation of Sensualistic Sex
- The Positives and Negatives of We Vibe 3
- South Beach Diet Recipes- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Steamy Shower Sex: 5 Ways to Turn up the Heat
- Raw Vegetable Diet: Back to Basics
About the author: Audacious Angel
I write erotica under the pseudonym, Audacious Angel. I am also the author of "The Horny Book of Happiness", a fun empowering sex guide for men, women and couples, available as an eBook on Bibliocracy, Smashwords, and Kindle, paperback on Amazon, or hardback on Lulu. I run a sexually informative website, "Girl With A Dirty Mind" and health and fitness website, "Tough Workouts." I enjoy writing content on sexuality, spirituality, and health and fitness.