10 Useful Tips to Help You Out: Part 3
Whether it is an easy fix around the house, driving in your car, or any other tidbits, below is our third installment of 10 Useful Tips to Help You Out: Part 3.
1. Toothache – Until you can get to a dentist, soak a cotton ball or Q-tip with vanilla extract and swab your tooth and gums to stall toothache pain. Clove oil also works very well when applied to a toothache too.
2. Pimples – Strawberries contain antioxidants and salicylic acid which work wonders when rubbed on pimples before bed. Grind up garlic into a paste and dab on pimples. The anti-fungal, anti-oxidant properties can make pimples disappear and stay away. Dab toothpaste on the pimple as this too contains salicylic acid which will absorb and dry up excess oil.
3. Car Travel – Keep an empty bottle in your car for spitting or pissing into in case of an emergency. A clean towel nearby will save you when eating messy food and a pocket knife and flashlight will help in a number of predicaments.
4. Move Furniture – Fold some aluminum foil with the dull side out and use under furniture legs to easily slide across the floor.
5. Prevent Rust – Petroleum jelly (Vaseline) is excellent at preventing rust when applied to nuts and bolts susceptible to outdoor elements. Also, smear the chrome with petroleum jelly and when you take it out of storage there will be no rust.
6. Crow’s Feet – If the sides of your eyes are starting to crinkle into old man wrinkles then add a dab of olive oil before bed to soften this sign of aging. Soak a cotton ball with egg whites and apply to your crow’s feet. Let dry for about 15 minutes and gently remove with a cotton ball soaked in warm water. The wrinkles will become tight and smooth.
7. Use a Tennis Ball – Toss a few in your pool to absorb body oils in the water; cut a slit and put your valuables inside and leave in your gym bag when no lockers are available; rub on scuff marks to remove them; and wrap a tennis ball in sandpaper to work on hard to get to curves.
8. Amazing Mayonnaise – Use mayonnaise to get gum out of hair, remove tree sap from your hands, apply to crayon marks and after 5 minutes wipe off and do the same for stubborn stickers stuck on windows.
9. Lawn Care – Use 20lbs of cornmeal for every 1,000 sq. ft. of lawn to kill fungus such as mushrooms and brown patches. Two tablespoons of Epsom salt to one gallon of water sprayed on your lawn and watered will make your lawn greener.
10. Yellow Teeth – Make a baking soda paste with water and brush teeth to remove discoloration. Hydrogen peroxide on a Q-tip applied to teeth helps too.
These 10 Useful Tips to Help You Out: Part 3 should give you some insight for easy fixes to annoying problems. Checkout 10 Useful Tips to Help You Out: Part 1 and 10 Useful Tips to Help You Out: Part 2 to start your own file. More to come.
- Summer Style For Men
- South Beach Diet Recipes- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- Rules for Escaping a Sinking Car
- 10 Useful Tips to Help You Out: Part 1
- 6 Tips on How to Stop a Hangover
About the author: Matt Tomas
As a writer Matt enjoys tackling many subjects with impeccable research and creative humor. He also works as a Professional Actor, Licensed Massage Therapist, Licensed Process Server and Professional Drummer.