Ways To Increase Metabolism Naturally
Every activity that you carry out daily can affect your metabolism. If your aim is to lose weight and maintain a healthy weight, then it is important to know about the easy ways to increase metabolism.
- Increase The Amount You Eat: This does not mean increasing your caloric intake, but you will notice when you eat. For example, if you miss breakfast (the most important meal of the day), your aim would be to eat breakfast and then eat consistently every 2-3 hours afterward. When food is consumed, the body undergoes dietary thermogenesis (the calories burnt during digestion). This is an important daily process, so why should you not trick the body into burning more calories? Thermogenesis accounts for around ten percent of the calories burnt per day. Supplements that state they increase your thermogenic rate are a waste of money. Eating five or six times per day will definitely improve this percentage. Test your hunger on a scale of 1-10 (one being very satisfied and ten extremely ravenous.). Eat when you feel at a number six or seven.
- Eat Breakfast Daily: During sleep, the body enters starvation mode, although it is not felt during sleep paralysis. Most people believe that missing breakfast will help them lose weight, when in fact it has the opposite effect and encourages weight gain due to slower metabolism. The body is designed to sustain as much fat as possible for survival. If your aim is to lose weight and reduce calories, it is important to keep the metabolism high. Breakfast is one of the best habits to employ into your daily eating ritual. Try to consume foods high in protein but low in fat. Protein is filling and takes advantage of dietary thermogenesis. Stay away from sugary cereals and stick to eggs and wholemeal toast.
- Take Kelp Tablets: The thyroid gland controls the metabolism and requires the mineral iodine to keep it working efficiently. Kelp is a cheap and effective way to provide this essential mineral. It smells and tastes fishy. Don’t take too much because a side effect is acne or skin breakouts.
- Activities: Exercise and daily activities burn up to 30 percent of the daily calories consumed throughout the day. Each activity counts including shopping, washing dishes, brushing teeth, chopping food, and fidgeting. Walking is an easy way to raise the metabolism naturally, plus it works the buttock, thigh, calf, and stomach muscles. Do you need to use the car for everything when walking is such an effective tool against weight loss? Walking also clears the mind and releases pain relieving endorphins.
- Hot Foods: Chillies contain capsaicin, the compound that gives it the heat. This causes the internal body to heat and immediately stokes the metabolism. Chillies can also speed up the recovery of a cold.
- Increase Muscle Mass: The more muscle mass you have in your body, the higher your resting metabolism. Aim to perform 2 to 3 body weight or resistance training exercises per week. Press-ups, squat thrusts, burpees, and pull-ups are excellent as they can be performed anywhere.
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR): This accounts for 60 percent of your daily calories. Undertake more activity, take advantage of dietary thermogenesis, and improve your muscle mass, and your BMR will increase naturally. Discovering the easy ways to increase the metabolism is not rocket science, and attaining this knowledge will put you in charge of how you look and feel and you’ll be able to trick your body into weight loss.
- Weight Loss: The Importance of Breakfast
- Spot Reduction Does Not Work
- Rowing Can Help You Shed Weight
- Enjoy Alcohol and Still Lose Weight
- 5 Ways To Naturally Produce Testosterone
About the author: Audacious Angel
I write erotica under the pseudonym, Audacious Angel. I am also the author of "The Horny Book of Happiness", a fun empowering sex guide for men, women and couples, available as an eBook on Bibliocracy, Smashwords, and Kindle, paperback on Amazon, or hardback on Lulu. I run a sexually informative website, "Girl With A Dirty Mind" and health and fitness website, "Tough Workouts." I enjoy writing content on sexuality, spirituality, and health and fitness.