You Do Not Need Liquid Courage
Perhaps you are a shy guy and wish you were more confident. Alcohol is always the easiest option since it supplies you with rapid confidence to try out something you usually wouldn’t, however, it can also have the opposite effect if you guzzle too much into your body. Alcohol can cause brief memory loss, not to mention an awful hangover. You do not need liquid courage to make a great impression on a date.
Alcohol contains 7 kilocalories per gram, and if you do not burn off these calories through exercise, the readily available energy converts to fat and is stored in the body. An average pint contains up to 200 kilocalories, and stout around 170 kilocalories per pint. You might believe that one pint of lager contains only 2 units, but this is dependent on the alcohol strength. For example, a pint of Stella Artois contains 2.7 units. You can work out the unit by multiplying the alcohol percentage by its volume (ml) and dividing by a thousand.
Alcohol can affect some people greatly but not others. A man who visits the pub every day and drinks ten pints may not be affected by the dreaded hangover compared to a man who drinks very rarely. Long term drinking can lead to liver damage (cirrhosis) and it’s never cool to drink more than you can handle just to impress your friends.
If you can handle your booze and you know when to stop then liquid courage could provide you with more confidence on a date, but there are other ways to feel great about yourself.
- Exercise: 10 to 20 minutes into a workout comes the wonderful endorphin rush, which makes you feel on top of the world. This also provides you with confidence in your body image since exercise reduces depression, anxiety, and gives you control over your thoughts.
- Change of Image: Trying a new hairstyle or different clothes can go a long way to creating confidence. Do this only for yourself and you will be able to wow her effortlessly.
- Believe In Yourself: Whatever you talk about on the date, be enthusiastic and this inspiring element will come across as confidence rather than arrogance.
You do not need liquid courage to make a great impression with your partner or date. Just be yourself and your partner should respect you for who you are. Soon enough, your confidence will rise naturally and you’ll no longer require alcohol to make a bold move.
Image Provided By: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=2242
- Enjoy Alcohol and Still Lose Weight
- Make A Great Impression on Your First Date
- 6 Tips on How to Stop a Hangover
- 3 Best Hangover Cures – Bender Please?
- Chat Up Lines: 5 Ways To Make a Great First Impression
About the author: Audacious Angel
I write erotica under the pseudonym, Audacious Angel. I am also the author of "The Horny Book of Happiness", a fun empowering sex guide for men, women and couples, available as an eBook on Bibliocracy, Smashwords, and Kindle, paperback on Amazon, or hardback on Lulu. I run a sexually informative website, "Girl With A Dirty Mind" and health and fitness website, "Tough Workouts." I enjoy writing content on sexuality, spirituality, and health and fitness.