3 Things Successful People Do Differently

There are always a handful of people that make you wonder how they got to where they are. They seem as capable and educated as you however when it comes to their achievements most of them seem to have surpassed yours tenfold. There is no secret to these advancements however there are some adjustments and habits that can be implemented, especially early on, to be able to exceed many others clawing their way to the top. Below are 3 things successful people do differently as a main template for their success. Add on some other learned techniques and you may very well be one of them.

1. Plan: Write it Down

According to Mark McCormack’s book, What They Don’t Teach You in the Harvard Business School, he states that a study of a 1979 Harvard graduating class showed:
• 84% had no specific goals
• 13% had goals but they were not committed to paper
• 3% had clear written goals and plans to accomplish them
Ten years later they interviewed the same class:
• The 13% were earning, on average, twice as much as the other 84%
• The 3% were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97%
Although this study has been challenged over the years, the truth remains that unless you set SPECIFIC WRITTEN DOWN GOALS, chances are that your success may be more challenging than those who do.

2. Stay Positive

Many people forego success by succumbing to negativity and self-defeat. Successful people have quoted as saying that they refused to take no for an answer. By keeping a positive, optimistic, fearless attitude toward every obstacle that came their way, these successful people were able to stay persistent and focused on their impending goals. Removing emotion, avoiding toxic, pessimistic surroundings and remaining practical have enabled many paths toward higher achievement to be attained.

3. Make Mistakes

“Some of the biggest failures I ever had were successes.” –Pearl S. Buck, author

One of the only ways to reach success is by becoming unsuccessful. No matter what goal you set for yourself there is no way to achieve such a goal by experiencing a perfect path toward it. Without mistakes, success is simply book learned with real-life inexperience. Ask any successful person about learning from their mistakes and they will, more often than not, tell you it was one of their number one tools of wisdom. Keeping an open mind on your path to success enables you to gain knowledge from your and other people’s mistakes. While those who make mistakes often try to cover them up or deny they happened, you admit to them and require that you and those that may be alongside you learn from them. Mistakes can be valuable lessons.

Maintaining your path toward your goals can be difficult, however if you remain focused and committed there is no reason why these 3 things successful people do differently cannot apply to you.

 

Image Provided By: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=1499


Leave a Reply